Thursday 11 August 2011

addiction


My first experience of fashion was defiantly a huge indication of how fashion would influence my life, emotions and sometimes even my circumstances.

I was 4 years old and my mother had this beautiful pink dress, I was in love. I of course had to be closer to it. Once drowning, I then decided my trusty sidekick, my dog Totto , needed to dress the part too. I wrapped him in my mothers expensive cashmere scarf, put a lovely hat on him, popped him in my dolls pram and took a stroll around the block. Totto was never the same and from then on I new this was the best feeling in the world.

I started working at 10 (only one neighbour replied to my will clean your house hand made advert.) I simply did this because my mom would not buy me heeled jelly babies, a must have for any girl I believed. Clothes would be one of the top three reasons for our future fights.

When most of my girlfriends were going through a break up they would hit the gym or change their hair, I would go look at clothes, I used to and still do sit with all fashion magazines cutting out outfits and creating looks and then try and replicate them.

I could never draw and tried needlework at school, I sucked but that never stopped me. I made really cool clothes made purely of cloth and safety pins, I eventually grew out of this and tried a less sex pistols inspired look. God bless Vivienne Westwood.

I realised I had a problem when I went to Scotland to go on a back packers tour and walked past Top Shop, It was really love at first sight. I of course spent all my money and then realised I had to go on a paid tour for a week with no pounds, my mom suggested I take the clothes back and, I of course asked if she was mad. I lived off a loaf of brown bread and cornflakes, but I looked great doing it!

Dorothy had these red sparkly shoes and every time she clicked them she said there’s no place like home, fashion is my red sparkly shoes 50 plus pairs of shoes later and I still find huge comfort and love in shoes , material and clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home